Lincoln MKX/Nautilus - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Lincoln MKX/Nautilus

Lincoln and Cadillac will continue to go head to head as luxury SUV's, with the new Nautilus replacing the MKX. It does look like the XT5 will continue to offer slightly more power, though Lincoln believes there is interest in a more fuel efficient model and will introduce a 2.0 turbocharged four cylinder on the base trim. The Nautilus will start at $41,335, while the 2019 XT5 will be set at $42,690. Here's a breakdown of the specs thus far.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:24 PM

If Cadillac did very well with making a luxury product that could rival Range Rover, then this price would be justifiable but recently I have seen a growing amount of Cadillac followers take interest in the new RDX.
At #37,300 looking and performing the way it does I can't blame them.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Infiniti's QX50 is even cheaper, and some would argue its more luxurious. It has one of the most fuel efficient engines in its class and it available with a very impressive autonomous ProPilot system. And I know Cadillac prioritizes luxury and ride quality over performance, but time and time again they have the highest output numbers amongst rivals, but the worst performance times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
Infiniti's QX50 is even cheaper, and some would argue its more luxurious. It has one of the most fuel efficient engines in its class and it available with a very impressive autonomous ProPilot system. And I know Cadillac prioritizes luxury and ride quality over performance, but time and time again they have the highest output numbers amongst rivals, but the worst performance times.
High power and torque output is always great but there are so many other key areas to factor into performance, enough that output no longer becomes top priority.
An agile, nimble platform with the right power distribution is the real way to performance. Cadillac isn't entirely there.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-22-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

They're behind if you ask me. Unfortunately with luxury and safety as top priorities, that often leads to extremely high vehicle weight. This makes it difficult for them to produce cars with ideal power to weight ratios.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
They're behind if you ask me. Unfortunately with luxury and safety as top priorities, that often leads to extremely high vehicle weight. This makes it difficult for them to produce cars with ideal power to weight ratios.
I keep having hope in the brand which was fueled when the Camaro moved to a nimble platform. Unfortunately that hasn't rubbed off on Cadillac. Heck, even a Cadillac XLR couldn't happen at a better time than now! If we just get a mid-engine Corvette then I will be disappointed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page