Will the Cadillac XT5 get the 2.0T Engine in the US? - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Will the Cadillac XT5 get the 2.0T Engine in the US?

Cadillac may add a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine to the engine options for the XT5 in the US. Right now Cadillac has confirmed a 3.6-liter V6 that makes 310 horsepower, and a 2.0T engine producing 258 hp just for the Chinese model.

Quote:
“I actually think we would do well to consider that for the U.S.,” said Cadillac Boss Johan de Nysschen said to Automotive News. He said that the possibility of the 2.0T in the US is certainly there, but no timeline was offered.
Competitors to the XT5 already offer small turbocharged engines, and that makes it more likely that Cadillac will go ahead with the US 2.0T engine. The Audi Q5 is sold with a 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder, and the Lincoln MKX has a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...in-the-us.html

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 05:40 PM

As long as they don't dip below the 250hp mark I will be fine with whatever it is since any lower could result in bad power to weight ratio.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:54 PM

Give me a supercharged 302 V8... now we are talking. Who cares about mileage? Wouldnt it sound a lot better than the V6 when U nailed it..

But then again... I grew up on 302, 396, 428, 426 hemi cars...

My first caddy was a 72 Coupe DeVille with a massive V8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page