Dealers Want to Give Incentive, but HQ Says "No" - Page 2 - Cadillac XT5 Forum
 2Likes

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2015, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

I've heard there are differing opinions on this between the head of Cadillac and the head of GM.

Ultimately if they make good cars and price them properly then people will buy them. If they make vehicles that aren't up to par or priced too high they will either siffer or have to offer incentives.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 10:34 AM

Even without incentives, it seems like the XT5 is selling well, at least in the States. According to GM Authority, sales of the XT5 increased 5% in November compared the the same time last year, which means a total of 5,623 cars were delivered last month.
But sales went down in Canada for some reason.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/12/...november-2017/
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 10:37 AM

Now would be a good time to give us those incentives for the XT5 because their overall sales in the States fell by fell 8.0% to an all time low since 2012. They need a sales boost because Wards Auto says U.S. is more profitable for them. So moving more units can only be a good thing.

http://wardsauto.com/industry/cadill...nce-begins-now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM

I suspect the decline in sales in Canada is due in part to the fidelity to GM. It seems to me Canadians are not particularly attached to one Brand, but will look at value for money. In comparing BMW and Cadillac, it seems Canadian are willing to pay a little more for the BMW-X5 due to it's performance, handling, overall finish and community status it provides than Cadillac. The XT5 is competing directly with the Germans but is not in the same class yet in term of performance and status. If you park an XT5 against the three Germans (Audi, MB & BMW) you'll see the XT5 is positioned right in between X3 - X5, Q5 - Q7, GLC - GLE in order to not enter directly into competition. GM can play the incentive card to compete against the X3, lightly smaller vehicle, or to keep the same price to promote the vehicle against the X5. They have two options, now which one will attract more customers?
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-15-2020, 04:09 AM

Absolutely right.
I went there before getting my XT5, huge incentives. They Cadillac dealers have a lot to learn from!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page