Cadillac XT5 General Android Auto/Apple CarPlay Use - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

Cadillac XT5 General Android Auto/Apple CarPlay Use

Let’s face it, most of us probably won’t read the XT5 owner’s manual cover to cover and with how fast the technology in cars are advancing, navigating our way through the system can be a quest all on its own. Someone has asked about connecting our mobile devices to the infotainment system so I thought I’d post up a guide of sorts on how to connect to the XT5’s Android Auto (AA) and Apple CarPlay.

If your vehicle is equipped with Android Auto and/or Apple CarPlay ability, you should see a “Projection” icon on the home page of the display. For Android users, you’ll need to download the Android Auto app from the play store, those with Apple products are good to go.

Once you’ve successfully connected your device to the system via USB cable, the “Projection” icon should change to either a play button for Apple or a triangle for Android. Do note that both AA and AC could automatically launch once the USB cable is connected so you may not always need to press the button.

For android users, your phone needs to be running on Android Lollipop v5.0 or later and once it’s connected to the infotainment system the phone itself is locked out from use.

As for iPhone users, CarPlay is only compatible with these models; 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE. Unlike AA, CarPlay does not lock the phone from use but we shouldn’t be messing with a phone while driving anyways.

If you connect via Bluetooth, not all of AA and CarPlay’s features will be accessible and the paring process will be disabled when the car is moving. To pair a phone for the first time you just need to tap on the “Phone” icon on the screen and then “Pair Device”. Then on your phone, you’ll need to located Cadillac CUE on your Bluetooth devices list and connect to it. Just follow the instructions to complete the pair and you’re good to go.

If for some reason, your phone just isn’t connecting then you may need to visit your local dealership.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 04:20 PM

I think you can even try calling GM if you want to have this resolved during a time dealerships are closed. If an issue can be dealt with by them giving you over the phone instructions then it's possible, just of course as long as they have over the phone support.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2016, 06:50 AM
DLC

If you want to contact GM on any issue how do you reach them?
I want to contact them over the shift issue when going into park.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:32 PM

Go to your local dealership or search for your regional GM, like GM Canada contact or something along those lines ?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 02:21 PM

Dealership would be a good way to get that information since depending on what information is on the GM website, through a dealer they might have exact names and direct numbers and direct emails rather than one email that sends you into a cue like... [email protected] for example.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Best way to solve an issue is to either fine the answer on a forum or go to the local dealership. Calling or emailing support won't help most of the time as people answering you generally doesn't have the knowledge to help. I tried the chat box on a dealership site once and they were useless...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Yea.. I've always hated dealing with any matter over the online chat. Never ends up getting anything done properly at all. Waste of time in my opinion.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 05:50 PM

If you're in this for the long haul then it will help to build a relationship with a Cadillac dealer you like since once you get to know the service manager, and some good techs, even the shop foreman, it can go a long way in making issues easier to deal with. Ultimately its speaking with those that that are around these day in and day out.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 01:14 PM

It's great to know anyone in the dealership, even the parts counter guy. A foot in the door means you're open to so many resources and knowledge. You could even go in there and just start chatting away with a sales rep and see where it goes.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 04:18 AM

hi all,

This is my first post ever!!

I have a very early 2017 XT5.. I don't see the projection icon nor the android auto option in the menu...

is it standard option?? if yes, do I have to do something to enable it?

Thanks in advanced!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page