XT5 Error Codes P26C8 and P07BE - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

XT5 Error Codes P26C8 and P07BE

Codes mean "Service Transmission" and "Transmission Park Position", message on dash says "Service Transmission, unable to shift soon.

We have had the XT5 back to the shop 3 times in less than about 6-weeks. The second time the replaced the Automatic Shift Knob assembly.

Today they have the vehicle and they say that the "Park Button" has two sensors and unless you press the button evenly in the center the sensors will generate the error codes. The service tech could duplicate the error at the shop.

There is not a fix in the system, but they did find a service "note" of some kind that described the problem and the need to be careful in depressing the park button. Seems to me to be a design problem that needs to be fixed in either programming or the sensors.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? If not, try to duplicate by pressing on one side of the Park Button and let me know what happens.
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM

So we have to depress the park button perfectly to avoid having an error code spring up? Haven't seen it until now but thanks for the heads up.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 06:46 PM

seeing how you posted this a while back, enough for a fix to have come online, did that actually happen or are you still dealing with it? if not keep us posted since someone else here might be in the same boat, waiting for an answer. you'd be surprised how many start talking once dialogue and documentation does a certain thing for them.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 11:32 AM

I presume there hasn't been a fix yet .... ?
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 05:18 PM

people come to communities like this often to find a solution and once some do they disappear, so that might be the case here.
still would be great to have some insight to better direct the rest of us if we happen to be caught in this scenario.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

We are still dealing with it. Both codes have been on since last Thursday, I am taking it in on 19 September for them to reset again.

This time the second code for the transmission started when my wife was on the road, so the explanation of it being the Park Switch seems to be wrong. The dealer told us that it was not a problem to keep driving until we could get it in to be reset.

We went to our daughter's this weekend, about two hours out. On the way home today something new happened with the "Transmission now unable to shift soon" popped up at 10-mile intervals. I just hit the "Sel" button to dismiss.

Since nobody else seems to be having this issue I will be talking to the Service Manager and Sales Manager about a Lemon Law replacement. They can have this one back so the engineers can figure out what is really wrong instead of guessing and replacing parts with no effect.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

I took the XT5 in last week and they reset the codes. Our Service Writer was out and the old guy I saw was just going to send me on my way. I told him that was not going to work until he wrote it up on the computer for documentation, he just put in that he reset the check engine light...I told him that was not specific enough for this reoccurring problem. He then added what the codes were that he reset.

I then went and talked to the Sales Manager who assured me that he would follow up with Service.

I had sent a message through the dealer website to our sales lady...seems that it also went to GM and the owner. The owner was on Service because they hadn't informed him about how many times we had been back in with the XT5 for the same issue, the Sales Manager let him know that he was communicating with us and trying to find a permanent solution.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 01:25 PM

You should even try to contact the auto group that owns the dealership since that's the next step up and sometimes they take issues much more serious than those in the dealership.

Keep us posted on how it goes, hopefully your experience helps someone else going through a similar thing.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 05:10 PM
DLC

We bought our XT5 two days ago. Yesterday the service engine light came on and stayed on.
Then the first "transmission" code came on then the second one that said Transmission will stop shifting soon came on.
We called the dealer and they sent the flatbed truck over this am to pick it up. They just returned it and told us they had to call to GM to talk to someone who said they were aware of the problem and told them how to fix the messages. Not how to fix problem but how to reset the messages.
No mention on if they were working on the problem but the tech told us "this is going to be a problem"
My husband took a 3 M sticker round spacer and cut it in half and centered it over the P on the shifter.
This way you can feel that your finger is centered over the P.
Let's see how long it takes to hear from Cadillac that they are working on a fix.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-30-2016, 08:40 PM
SMP

Got a little over 3,000 miles on my XT5 , hasn't missed a beat , not one problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page