2019 Cadillac XT4 Spy Shots - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

2019 Cadillac XT4 Spy Shots

The 2019 Cadillac XT4 has been spied in what looks to be quite a snowy situation doing some testing. Already stated by the Cadillac CEO, the XT4 will also be offered in Europe so it's definitely going global.

Geared to take on the likes of the X1 and the Q3, it looks slightly larger.

Sitting on the GM D2XX platform, it's sharing with the Chevy Equinox and the GMC Terrain

Engine:
1.5L Turbo 4pot - 170hp and 203lb-ft of torque
2.0L Turbo downsized 6 - 252hp and 260lb-ft of torque
Possible 1.6CDTI - 137hp and 240lb-ft of torque

9-speed automatic transmission which is standard along with the FWD setup. AWD is optional

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 12:34 PM

this could very well be the product they needed all along to appeal to a wider audience since so far nothing has done that to a great extent. How successful do you think this will be?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2017, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Really not too sure until I see more info on it but all we can do is really hope. It'll be interesting to see how the Euro market takes it though.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:49 PM

Is it me or does it look like the front end might take on a slightly different direction than what we've been used to all this time from all the current Caddy models? Even if its just a difference we'll notice more at night with how lighting is set up...then i'll be happy about that.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

The use of LEDs looks to be pretty different but I think if they updated the headlight setup, it'll be noticeable in the day as well no problem. Once we can see some sort of updates within looking too hard at it, I'll be happy.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill View Post
The use of LEDs looks to be pretty different but I think if they updated the headlight setup, it'll be noticeable in the day as well no problem. Once we can see some sort of updates within looking too hard at it, I'll be happy.
But if this was intended to act as a DRL or come off as that during the day and making a real difference at night, then that's all that matters. Actually, this is what I notice on a lot of cars these days, so its just Cadillac playing into the design narrative happening during this era.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Actually looking at it properly, that is just a DRL. You can definitely see the projector to the side of the LEDs isn't on and that would for sure be used for the low-beam headlights.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill View Post
Actually looking at it properly, that is just a DRL. You can definitely see the projector to the side of the LEDs isn't on and that would for sure be used for the low-beam headlights.
Yeah I figured it would considering the fact Cadillac isn't just making these for the home markets but instead going global, then there's the whole trend of LED design everyone else is doing that they're following. Things are just starting to heat up for Caddy.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, pretty much every manufacturer from Honda to Benz are using some sort of LED DRL light now. It's just a fluctuation from individual LEDs to like LED "line arrangements" back to individual... just gotta keep track lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page