2017 Cadillac XT5 V6 AWD - GM Authority - Cadillac XT5 Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

2017 Cadillac XT5 V6 AWD - GM Authority

A huge gallery at the bottom of the page from GMAuthority.com, a decent length review, worth giving it a read.

Quote:
Itís kind of discouraging that the transmission canít match the smoothness of the start/stop tech. In a way, the 8-speed comes off as too computational, and feels like there was very little human calibration involved. Urban driving is not as pleasant as it could be, with awkward and sometimes delayed shifts happening during everyday occurrences like mid-to-low speed coasting followed by mid- to full-throttle acceleration events.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/12/...d-first-drive/

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:53 PM

At this rate they better hurry up with the XT5 hybrid since that's the next play they can bank on. That segment is growing and this version of the XT5 just blends in too much. They just better act fast enough to get it out.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

I've heard a lot of chatter about people saying the hybrid is too darn expensive for what it is.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 02:00 PM
SMP

I have 6000 miles and am completing satisfied with tranny. If you coast and go to full throttle acceleration most tranny in urban driving will have delay shifts. If you want to drag race on urban roads get a spots car.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

In urban driving you need a fairly responsive transmission for gear changes though. When you want to go around someone, you drop the pedal to mid-3/4 way and you'd expect the car to follow suit right away so you can drive past the guy in front and change lanes again. If it has a noticeable lag, that can become quite inconvenient for you
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 03:51 PM

From experience I found that just learning how the transmission shifts and where it really gets up and go, can make up for its lack of performance without that learning on your end.

Takes a bit of time and different driving situations to be in but eventually you get a hang of it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Just like when BMWs came out with the drive by wire system and the throttle had that lag to it. Eventually you get used to it right? Just gotta figure it out and it'll become second nature at some point
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 10:56 PM

That's what it can come down to, just depends on how much getting to know you have to do and if that can remedy the situation. Of course that only matters if you really like the rest of the vehicle. Cadillac might have a harder time with this than a brand like Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes, etc.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

For sure. If you like the rest of the vehicle, it'll be something you won't mind getting used to. If you don't like the rest of the vehicle, it could be that breaking point where you say nope. However, if you don't like the rest of the vehicle, you'll probably be buying something else anyways haha.

Cadillac definitely has it tougher than those other "big" brands. When I say big I mean brands that are selling high volumes compared to where Cadillac is at. I find they need as much as they can, and as little wrong as possible, to maintain.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2017, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grill View Post
For sure. If you like the rest of the vehicle, it'll be something you won't mind getting used to. If you don't like the rest of the vehicle, it could be that breaking point where you say nope. However, if you don't like the rest of the vehicle, you'll probably be buying something else anyways haha.

Cadillac definitely has it tougher than those other "big" brands. When I say big I mean brands that are selling high volumes compared to where Cadillac is at. I find they need as much as they can, and as little wrong as possible, to maintain.
it's not about volume it's about how they create their products.
Alfa Romeo just came to market with the Giulia and already in its short time on earth its making the ATS seem non-existent. 1 year from now they should have cadillac official beat in that segment... and AR is low volume

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cadillac XT5 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page